My homemade rum truffles recipe has been most requested.
If you want to treat yourself by making homemade healthy chocolate rum truffles you have to try this one!
FYI, you can make the recipe without alcohol!
Ingredients for 30 truffles
200 g heavy cream 35% fat
300 g dark chocolate 90% cocoa, finely chopped
3 tbsp rum
120 g finely chopped hazelnuts for the mix
50 g finely chopped hazelnuts for coating
1. Heat the cream over a gentle heat until it comes to the boil. Allow to simmer for a minute, then take off the heat and leave to cool for a couple of minutes.
2. Put the chocolate in a large heatproof bowl.
3. Pour the cream and rum on to the chocolate and stir until it is glossy.
4. At this point you can finely chop the hazelnuts.
5. Place the finely chopped hazelnuts into the mixture and stir to combine.
6. Cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate until set (at least 2 hours).
7. When the mix is ready use a teaspoon to scoop out truffles. My advise is to wear disposable gloves so the chocolate does not stick on your hands. Roll them by hand into spheres.
8. Fill one bowl with cocoa powder and one with the remaining of the hazelnuts for the coating.
9. Dip each truffle into cocoa or hazelnut mix to coat.
10. Place back in the fridge for at least an hour.
11. Enjoy and good luck with all the cleaning afterwards!
You can use other types of alcohol instead of rum, cognac for example suits really good.
Take the recipe in another level using dark chocolate with chilly or orange flavour.
You can also use other types of nuts such as pistachio nuts and almonds.
You can skip alcohol and use vanilla extract instead.