H&M announced a collaboration with the iconic British wallpaper and textile house GP & J Baker back in June and the fashion industry went crazy! When VOGUE wrote that the “The Swedish retailer and heritage print brand are a match made in high-street heaven”, expectations went high and everyone who follows fashion, trends and collaborations got super excited. The collection was released two weeks ago and features cherished archival prints in fashionable designs.
GP & J Baker
“GP & J Baker has been the proud holder of Her Majesty The Queen’s, Elizabeth II,Royal Warrant since 1982 in recognition of the supply of GP & J Baker fabrics and wallcoverings to the Royal household. The history of the Royal Warrant can be traced back to medieval times when competition for Royal favour was intense and the Monarch had the pick of the best tradespeople. By the 15th century, the Lord Chamberlain, as head of the Royal Household, formally appointed tradespeople and in the 18th century, tradesmen began displaying the Royal Arms on their premises and stationery – a practice that continues to this day.”*
*GP & J Baker website
Apparently wallpaper and fabric prints are no longer just for interior-designing our living spaces, they are also there to dress us up. Nevertheless if the colour-block chunky trainers were a big trend this summer why not wallpaper? Fashion has no limits after all.
I present my favourite GP & J Baker- H&M collaboration pieces and 3 more H&M Fall favourites!
H&M x GP & J BAKER
- Patterned dress. Short dress (but not too short) in a patterned, viscose crêpe weave with a round neckline, opening with a concealed button at the back of the neck. 3/4-length trumpet sleeves and a straight-cut hem. Unlined. Personal favourite of the collection, since it is the most durable! Throw a belt and some flats and you are ready.
2. Patterned jumper. Long-sleeved, in pattern-knit jersey, containing glittery threads with gently dropped shoulders and block-coloured ribbing around the neckline, cuffs and hem & Pencil skirt ,high-waisted, calf-length ribbed waistband and a slit at the back. Easily combined with white t-shirt and sneakers.
3. The pattern blouse. Made by airy, crinkled, fabric with a collar, buttons down the front, long, cuffed sleeves, and a rounded hem. Perfect fit with the pattern cigarette trousers which have the most comfortable elasticated waist.
Last but definitely not least
4. The Patterned jumpsuit, Notch lapels, concealed buttons and a zip at the top, and short sleeves with sewn-in turn-ups. Elasticated seam and detachable tie belt at the waist and straight, ankle-length legs. This baby feels and looks like silk and it is the perfect outfit for a night out or for a stylish walk in the city.
The Fall choices
Who wants to speak about Fall clothing when it is only August? I know… But the weather here in Oslo has been playing us this week with the temperature dropping down to 12 degrees and if this is not Fall weather then what is?
1.The office jacket. This blue, white stripped jacket is a perfect choice for an office look. The line and patterns are going to flatter every part of your upper body!
2. The black ballerina style dress
Cozy, airy and black. Wear it with boots, wear it with ballerina shoes it is what I call the easy everyday day to night dress.
3. The White Shirt
Because you need one, but not a classic boring one. The flower sleeve pattern is going to give you that Spanish feel you are missing.
Style them with… more H & M
If you liked this blog post and you want to read more posts like this please show it some love and leave a comment below, it will only take a minute!